Youth Exchanges allow groups of young people from different countries to meet and live together for a period of 5 days up to 21 days. Participants carry out a work program prepared before the exchange.
When You come back, You’ll have gained
- New competences and life skills
- Awareness about other cultures and socially relevant topics
- A network of like-minded young people with whom I can develop further projects
- Awareness of the European Union youth programme and opportunities
- Confidence to undertake long-term mobility
– encouraging the learning of another language;
– developing the ability to interact with persons of different language and culture;
– spreading tolerance among young people of the European Union;
– promoting active citizenship;
– supporting the development of local communities.
more information you can find ….http://europeanvoluntaryservice.org/what-is-evs/
Not only you can participate in projects organized by youth organisations, but you can organise your own youth exchange with a group of friends. National Agencies in each country are in charge for helping you organise such projects.